Thursday, January 7, 2010

healthy body, healthy mind

no gym today because it got too late :( …no worries though, the gym isn’t going anywhere! i will go tomorrow!

eating wise let’s see…today was uneventful. i ate within my points. i had some juice throughout the day which i didn’t point. but you know what, i can easily keep my points under 31 if i don’t count what i’m drinking. why is that? i think i just LOVE juice. i gotta get over that and fast if i hope to see results.

any suggestions for alternatives to juice? flavoured water maybe? any particular brand or flavour?

before i go to bed tonight (which should be soon even though it is ridiculously early) i hope to do some quiet meditation while stretching for a few minutes, reread my devotion for today and pray. it was a quiet day and it will be a quite night.

i’m also working on another aspect of my life this year. i’m trying to get myself, my inner self, in control and in order.I want all of my actions to honor God. i want to become a better person and that is inseparably connected to my becoming a better Christian. That said, i’m learning (painfully) to surrender every thought to Jesus before I say it. What that means is that one MILLION times a day, I have to bite my tongue to prevent me from saying something meaningless! Today was tough in that regard but, the quieter i keep my Spirit and then my mouth, the more at peace i am within my soul…i complain less, i listen more, i get stressed less. i thank God for ALL the small victories of today.

Psalm 19:14

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

Proverbs 17:9

“He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends”

Matthew 12:36

“But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.”

Ephesians 4:29;31

“Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers… Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.”

1 Peter 3:10;16

“Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech…keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.”

James 3:5-6

“The tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.”

James 1:19

“My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,”

[Via http://lilylosinit.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment