Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is Your Personal Trainer Fat?

Does your personal trainer look like he or she could use the workout more than you?

As a San Diego Personal Trainer, I know how important it is for me to practice what I preach. I like to think that my personal training clients follow my example when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. These days I see quite a few out of shape personal trainers and I often wonder, how do they get business? I cannot imagine being an inspiration and heathy example to my clients being out of shape. It just doesn’t make sense.

So let me ask you a question. How would you feel if your trainer and most trusted advisor had a higher bodyfat percentage than you? How would you feel if your trainer was clearly overweight? As a client, wouldn’t you feel that there is no hope? I know that personal trainers should not necessarily be the models for perfection, but that is sort of part of the job description and how we are perceived.

So why do people sign-up for training sessions with out of shape personal trainers? Are people attracted to the out of shape trainers because they remind them more of themselves, not the changes that they wish to instill in their lives?

For any toes that I may have stepped on, I apologize, but please do your business a favor and take care of yourself. This is a debate that has gone on for years and will continue to be argued for years to come.

I am interested in your input. Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!

[Via http://nikolklein.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment