Thursday, September 3, 2009

The End Result is Your Choice

There are a million ways to say it…

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Cause and Effect.

You reap what you sow.

Or as Zig Ziglar put it,

Every choice you make has an end result.

One of the biggest challenges I have to overcome when I am in a fat burning or muscle building mode is to recognize the consequences of my choices before I make them.

If I choose to go out with my friends, will I be able to resist the temptation of having a few drinks and appetizers? If I choose to have those beverages and foods, what are the consequences on my body, and the effort I put in at the gym?

If I choose to skip the gym, what result will that have on my training schedule, and on my goals.

I force myself to think rationally about the choice I am making. It’s not easy, because the right answer is not always clear, but when it comes to the result, you will rarely see me lay the blame anywhere but at my own feet.

I made the choice, whether that choice ends up being good or bad. If it was a bad choice, I make sure I learn from that decision so that I don’t repeat it.

Many times, if you examine yourself thoroughly, you are largely the sum of your choices.

So, I challenge you, think about the results of your choices over the next few days, and the results they are going to have on your goals. Ask yourself whether the choice you are making will move you closer to or farther from your goals…

What choices have you made lately and what were the results? What choices will you make and what do you anticipate the results are going to be?

[Via http://themiddlemanager.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment