Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Journey Of Weight Loss - Week 1

This is the first week of my 10 week sharing series. In my last article, I wrote about “Getting the Last Few Pounds Off”. The last week mostly was taken up with organizing myself. I now have an exercise schedule to follow and have started with some cardio. Actually, I did 1 session of cardio last week and have done 3 this week so far. Definitely not enough but I am glad I have started. Diet has been good and meals have been prepared at home. I have consciously reduced the portions as well. Although, I have not noticed any difference, the confidence is there that with more improvements and adjustments, I will start shedding the pounds.

Let me share a little about my goals. When I delivered my second child at the end of 2007, I was more than a little overweight. Since then I have lost 10 kilos or 22 pounds. Overall, in inches I probably lost about 20 all over. However, I have stopped there and just maintained myself at that weight. My initial goal at the end of 2007 was to lose 15 kilograms or about 33 pounds and an additional 5 inches. This is where I am headed now. I plan to lose the 11 pounds over 10 weeks, which is in with the healthy weight loss range.

For sure, many changes can be and will be done. I am happy that I have taken this first step toward my goal and made myself accountable to everyone.

Thank you very much to those who posted comments to my previous article and I will definitely take your suggestions and tips into consideration.

Below are my pictures taken May 2008 and July 2009 respectively.

Jasvin - Before and After

Tags: diet, exercise, goals, journey of weight loss, motivation, pounds, weight loss, before after

No comments:

Post a Comment