Friday, September 18, 2009

Exercise and Food

For the past three days I have been waking up at 5 AM to get on the Elliptical for 30 minutes. I am not a morning person, so it has been very hard for me to wake up in the AM to work out. But once I am on it and I have a movie of some sort to keep me entertained, it has not been so bad.

The first day I was on the Elliptical I was able to do just one mile in the 30 minute work out. Yesterday I did a mile and a quarter by the end of the 30 minutes and today I did a mile and a quarter in 20 minutes!

The thing I love most about working out on the Elliptical is that I am not sore later. Since it is all just cardio and no strain on my muscles, I get a great work out with out the pain later. I sweat like crazy but at the end I feel good. My body feels great and I get a huge boost of energy from it.

Which brings me to my next topic, FOOD. My god am I getting hungry faster! I normally do not eat breakfast in the morning before going to work. But since I started in the plan I have started to eat right after my work out. A bowl of cereal with fruit and coffee. May not sound like a lot but for a person that does not eat breakfast it is a lot of food.

The funny thing is that a couple of hours later I am STARVING!! Has my metabolism really jump started that quick?

It almost does not feel normal. By 9 AM I am already looking around for something to eat. The thing is that since I just started WW, we have not had the chance to go grocery shopping so I have not been able to get snack foods. Luckily one of my co-workers brought me a huge bag of grapes and every time I feel hungry I eat a cup of grapes. At least I am fulfilling the fruits and veggies requirement that WW has.

I will definitely be buying snacks to keep at work for when I get hunger attacks.

As for the required foods that I must eat daily. So far the only trouble I am having is fulfilling the amount of dairy servings that I have to get in. I am going to have to buy some calcium supplements to help out in the department. The funny thing is that I thought that I would have difficulty with the water requirement but I have been doing fantastic on that.

Well, tomorrow is the day that I go in for my first meeting and weigh in. I am excited it is the official first day to a healthier me, though I started on this journey a few days ago.

Wish me luck and I will give an update tomorrow.

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment