Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Smart Goals - continued

Sorry but I got off track  during in the last week (see my September 11, 2009 post on my family’s role in my fitness).   Fortunately it’s only the blog that’s off track and I’m stubbornly persisting with my journey back to fitness!  So I didn’t get back to the SMART goals that I originally mentioned on my September 18, 2009 post.  As a reminder  SMART  goals are Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-framed goals.  They are the part of this journey that I do largely control and which will impact my weightloss, which I do not control.

I’ve gotten so excited about the weight loss success to date that I’ve become attached to those numbers.  One pound a week until I weigh 124.  I will hold onto those numbers as part of my visualization that I do each day.  However, in terms of goals and focusing my action, here’s my current plan and what I commit to for now:

1.  Sleep – average 8.5 hours each night. 

2.  Exercise - 45 minutes, 5-7 times per week with a minimum of 4 hours each week engaged in fun cardiovascular activities. 

3.  Strength training – 3 times each week starting week of 9/28.

4.  Yoga – once a week starting next week.

5.  Meditation – 10 minutes, 3 times starting next week

6.  Food – 4 fruits a day and at least 5 veggie servings

How I did today:

1. Sleep – 8 hours last night

2. Exercise – 55 minutes of brisk walking

3. Strength training – not yet

4. Yoga – nope

5. Meditation – no 

6. Food – Lots of veggies and fruit after bacon and eggs for breakfast (again).  Oh, and 2 servings of chocolate.  I’m still tired out from the previous short night of sleep, which increases my cravings and decreases my willpower.  I can do better tomorrow.

I am still…wanting something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment