Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I cant get fat - step one

Hi, I am Melissa and I am fat.  Well ok – I am sorta fat.  I am 24 and my family’s genetic code is catching up with me.  I come from a family of people who are generally over weight.  For years I kept up my ‘trim’ figure, thinking, I cant get fat!  I wasnt super model skinny or anything but Hey! I was smaller than I am now.

So I came up with a plan – lose weight.  Great idea right?  Well – not really.  It’s not so easy to lose weight – I’ve tried a lot of things to do it.  So I came up with another plan – experiment with weight loss.  Sounds crazy I know, but hear me out.  So many plans out there claim to be ‘the best’ there is.  So I started wondering, are they?  My plan is to lose weight over the next 6 months with 3 weight loss plans.  Giving each plan 2 months to do their best.  I will record, track, tape, write and watch as I hopefully lose weight.

Here’s me now:

This is about 2 months ago

Not that bad – I know.  Most people tell me “Oh sweetie your not fat.”  Well I feel fat.  I feel over weight, and not happy.

So here’s the plan – 6 months, 3 weight loss plans, 2 months per plan.

First 2 months – Weight Watchers

Second 2 months – Total Body Makeover Plan

Third 2 months – ‘Count Calories’

With this I will be following the workout plan below.  The workouts will stay the same to be the sort of ‘constant’ for my experiment.

Work Out Plan

Sunday: Walk 1 mile (how is my choice, ie: treadmill, outside, etc)

Monday: 1 hour at the gym – 1/2 hour each of treadmill or bike and arm weights

Tuesday: Walk 1 mile (again my choice)

Wednesday: 2 hours at the gym – 1/2 hour each of treadmill and bike, 1 hour of arm and leg weights

Thursday: 1 workout video

Friday: 1 hour at the gym – 1/2 hour of each of treadmill or bike and leg weights

Saturday: 1 workout video

Let’s hope I can follow this to a T!  :) So that’s the plan – I will be updating soon with some more facts about me.  Until then!

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment