Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Got No Sunshine in My Day

Today was a hard day for me. It was rainy and dark and cold outside. I wanted to go for a walk and get some fresh air, but that wasn’t happening. As well, I was missing my husband who lives in Phoenix. I was bored and depressed all at the same time.

Breakfast was the usual fresh fruit and scottish oatmeal but for lunch I made a spinach, sausage cannellini bean soup. It was delicious! I had two bowls.

Just so I wouldn’t go completely nuts, I drove to the library, returned two books, got a book and then came home to have a cup of decaf tea and two chocolate coated digestive cookies for a snack.

Supper was chicken breast with steamed cauliflower and broccoli and leftover squash. I’m really tired of squash.

I wasn’t going to have dessert but I needed some comfort so I cut myself a big piece of banana bread and put a scoop of vanilla yogourt on top.

I didn’t want to exercise, but I dragged the exercycle out and did 30 minutes while watching Sidney Poitier in Lilies of the Field. His performance in that movie won him an Oscar, but it also was one of the finest performances in cinema history.

Cardio exercise on a machine is excrutiating if one does not feel like doing it. When I don’t feel like doing it, and I’m doing it anyway, I torture myself by looking at the time every other second. This makes the whole thing even more excrutiating. But, I did it . Good for me! My stretches and my crunches were done in a half-assed way, but I did them. I’d rather do my routine badly than not at all.

At 9 pm, I broke my NO FOOD AFTER 8 PM rule, and had an apple. Big whoopie, it’s not like it was half a pie. Today was a hard day emotionally, but I didn’t let it get in my way too much.

I miss when my husband and I would sit and sip on a glass of wine, snack on a fresh quacamole dip with tortilla chips and talk about our day. I miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment