Sunday, September 13, 2009

A healthy mindset

I’ve been finding that having the right frame of mind can really help in my get fit efforts.  When I’m feeling deprived, I try to change my thinking.  For example, when I start to feel sorry for myself that I can’t eat chocolate, I try to change my focus to appreciating all the wonderful foods that I can eat. 

 

What I have always found frustrating about diets in the past is that you have to follow someone else’s rules, and then if you don’t stick to the plan, you feel guilty.  I am making my own eating plan  based on what I like and what fits well into my life. 

 

Another thing that I want to do is try new recipes.  I haven’t done this for many years because the boys are such picky eaters that they treat anything new like it’s garbage!  Well, they are going to be in for a big surprise!

[Via http://theyearoflivingfit.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment