Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No Victory Dance Today

Well, it’s my first “plateau” of sorts.  I don’t really feel like I’m stuck, just that a number of circumstances and choices came together and I’m at the same weight as last Monday.  It was a bummer really but not surprising.

I didn’t get as much exercise last week as I have been since beginning this project.  Also I have very little sleep in total last week.  There’s so much upset in the interpersonal relationships in my household at the moment that my sleep is being seriously impacted.

I must declare that I pigged out for my two-and-a-half day birthday celebration – fresh tortilla chips, guacamole, maple cashews, desserts of grains and sugar, white rice, chicken wings, french fries.  Wow!  Not a total pig out spread over 3 days.  I did eat lots of veggies and fruits, too.  Obviously too many “fun foods” though. 

Well, at least it was fun and they were conscious choices.  I did a better job today of remembering that I “want something more.”  I really do.

I’m also giving myself a break because I’m in PMS territory.  I find that my pre-menstrual body becomes a bit like a reservoir -collecting up water.  Gaining 1-3 pounds at this time is a common experience for me.

I really missed doing the Victory Dance this morning.  The last two Mondays, that good feeling has lingered for several days -skipping, “YES!”ing, singing little songs.  It is fun and feels great!  Today, only a little frown and an “I’ll do better next time” attitude.  I’m on my way!

Time to measure up since it’s Monday…

Here are my current stats:

Weight: 164 162 161 lbs

Goal weight:  161

End of Week: #3

Weight loss this week:  0

Total weight loss:  3 lbs

How I did today:

1.  Sleep - 5.5 hours last night

2.  Exercise - 0

3.  Strength training - not yet 

4.  Yoga – nope

5.  Meditation – no 

6.  Food – lots of healthy food and an order of fries

No comments:

Post a Comment