Monday, September 28, 2009

Running Of The Brides!

The countown has begun!  Less than 3 weeks before we take on Filene’s Basement Running of the Brides!  Next weekend I am going to Indianapolis for homecoming and my mom will meet me in Indy on Sunday for a trunk show.  We are going back to Demetrio’s so I can show her the dresses that I loved there and to see the 2010 collection.  This way we will get a great idea of what style and size to look for at Filene’s.

I am pretty nervous about the running of the brides event, but I think I just have to go into it with the mindset of not expecting to find something and then if I do, it would be wonderful!  I have been pretty good about not stressing too much about little things and luckily I know there are plenty of dresses out there – but to find that kind of deal would be fantastic!

I am thinking about making t-shirts for the crew that I have going with me!  I will probably make our team name “Good As It Goetz” in honor of my wonderful blog readers!  This way you will be with me in spirit – and don’t worry, you will be among the first to know if I find “the one”!

Has anybody been to r.o.t.b. before?  Any tips would be extremely helpful.  I am planning on wearing spandex shorts and a sports bra tank-top so that I can just try on dresses in the aisles with the best of them.  I will come prepared with a hand-held fan and my own full-length miror!  If anybody would like to join the fun in Cleveland – just let me know and I’ll get you a t-shirt!  (But be prepared to bargain sizes and styles, I’ll need all the help I can get.)

I am so excited, it’s pretty surreal that exactly one year before the date of my wedding I will be trying on dresses with some of the most important women in my life!  I am so excited, I can’t hardly wait…

Speaking of one year before the wedding… the other thing that is being implemented in full force is wedding diet!  I need to get myself into shape before this wedding because let me tell you – between you and me – it’s not a pretty sight at the moment!  See I’m the kind of girl who needs some instant gratification or I find myself getting discouraged and giving up.  (Again… any tips in this area are welcomed with open arms!)

A great friend of mine introduced me to weight watchers last year and I had good success with it while I was doing it, but found myself slip and not get back on track.  I have a busy month coming up so I also want to be realistic about the situations I will be in and making sure that I wont be in position to slip up and not go back…

I have also had success with south beach in the past, however for me personally, I don’t think it’s realistic as a “forever” lifestyle.  However to shed some quick weight the phase 1 of south beach is wonderful and has been a friend to me in the past when trying to shed some quick weight for dances, spring break, etc.  The plan as of now is to do phase one of south beach to get that instant gratification and then slowly cross over into weight watchers and do that until the wedding!  I am also trying to get back into my workout schedule at the Y.  I will definitely keep you all updated on my weight loss, because if I can find success I would love to share it with any of you who may need the support.

I have found support in this category can be the most important thing because if you don’t have support it is so easy to get off track.  Wedding is definitely a motivation for me to get going on it, but it’s something I really want for myself in general so now that I’ve put it all out there to the world, I guess I’ll haveta show some results!

Thanks for stopping by, more updates to come soon!

p.s. Desperate season is back!! I am already sucked back in…

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment